Dental Implant Process – South Hadley, MA
Restore Your Smile with a Dental Implant
Despite your best efforts, have you lost a tooth? Whether due to decay, trauma, or infection, your incomplete smile now affects your quality of life. You can no longer chew with ease and pronouncing words clearly has become a challenge. Not to mention, you feel insecure about the empty space. You do not need to live with a missing tooth. Newton Street Dental offers the latest tooth replacement options, including a dental implant in South Hadley.
Single Tooth Replacement Options
Every tooth is vital to your oral health and functions. When even one is missing, the lack of a root causes your jawbone to deteriorate. Over time, your teeth shift toward the open space, causing alignment and bite issues. This increases your risk of gum disease and tooth decay. Eventually, the lack of support can cause your teeth to become loose and fall out. You will also notice changes to your facial structures, like premature wrinkling and sagging of the skin.
To stop the complications of tooth loss, we offer a couple of different treatment solutions.
- Fixed Dental Bridge: This has been the standard treatment for decades because it is convenient and effective. A prosthetic tooth is created to match the appearance of your natural ones. To hold the oral appliance in place, your adjacent teeth are reshaped to allow dental crowns to fit over them. With the right care, your bridge and crowns can last an average of 5 years before needing to be replaced.
- Single Tooth Implant: A dental implant is the most successful option to treat a missing tooth because it replaces both the root and the crown. A titanium implant post is surgically placed into your jawbone to serve as a new root. An abutment is attached to the post to connect a custom-made crown. Dental implants have over a 95% success rate to provide you with a solution that can last for several decades.
Benefits of a Dental Implant
Now, over 500,000 people per year are choosing a dental implant to replace their missing tooth. The implant post allows you to enjoy several benefits that are not possible with traditional treatments, such as:
- Over a 95% 10-year success rate.
- An all-ceramic crown allows it to look like a real tooth.
- With your jawbone fused to the post you can restore as much as 70% of your biting force.
- Stimulates new bone growth to preserve your jaw’s density.
- Stops dental drift to prevent alignment and bite issues.
- Reduces your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
- Protects your facial structures.
- Cost-effective because it has the potential to last for a lifetime.
- Enjoy added security and confidence when chewing and smiling.
Replace Your Missing Tooth Today!
If you are ready to stop living with the challenges of a missing tooth, your implant dentist in South Hadley can help. Contact Newton Street Dental today to discover which treatment option best meets your needs and your lifestyle. We look forward to completing your smile.