Dental Implant Process – South Hadley, MA
Start Your Journey to a Complete Smile
Compared to traditional tooth replacement options, like dentures, the process to get dental implants in South Hadley is a bit more complex. It involves various stages that take about one year to complete depending on your specific treatment plan. Although it may seem overwhelming, you have nothing to fear. Newton Street Dental will explain each phase to give you peace of mind to feel confident about your journey to a complete smile.
Dental Implants: Phase 1
Before your missing teeth can be replaced, you must first undergo the consultation process with your dentist in South Hadley. Generally, you can expect it to take about one month. While this may seem like a long time, it is vital to create a successful foundation for your procedure.
- Consultation: During your initial appointment, your dentist takes time to discuss the results you want to achieve and what it will involve reaching your goals.
- Exam: To ensure dental implants are right for you, you will need a thorough examination to assess the health of your gums, surrounding teeth, jawbone, and oral structures. In addition, your medical and lifestyle history are discussed to look for any issues that may lead to implant failure.
- Procedure: To insert your implant posts, advanced imaging equipment is used to pinpoint their precise location for placement. Using computer-guided technology, the posts are surgically placed into your jawbone.
- Recovery: You will spend the next several months recovering to allow your jawbone to fuse to the posts. After adequate healing has occurred, you will enter the next phase of your treatment.
Dental Implants: Phase 2
With your implant posts securely in place, it is time to begin the restoration phase. This involves attaching your prosthetic teeth to rebuild your smile.
- Abutment: An abutment is a connector piece needed to attach a dental crown to the post. A minor surgery is required to place it on the implant.
- Restoration: After your gum tissue has healed around the abutments, digital scans are used to create your dental prosthetics. They are crafted to meet your exact specifications to enhance aesthetics and function.
- Follow-Up: You will have a follow-up appointment a few weeks after your restorations are placed.
To promote the long-term success of your procedure, we embrace the latest technological advancements, including the computer-guided placement of your posts and digital impressions. Combined with our teams’ exceptional qualifications and experience, you can rest assured your smile is in good hands.
Complete Your Smile Today!
If you are ready to replace your missing teeth with dental implants, contact Newton Street Dental today to schedule your consultation.